Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is Your Life Lacking Orgasms?

Peace Family,
 
Don't be confused by the title. This post is about much more than sex. I am working on a short story and it got me to thinking about something else that I thought I would share with you all. The concept of an orgasm. Check out these definitions:
 
1. the physical and emotional sensation experienced at the peak of sexual excitation, usually resulting from stimulation of the sexual organ and usually accompanied in the male by ejaculation.

3. intense or unrestrained excitement.

4. an instance or occurrence of such excitement.
 
Given these definitions, and the fact that people use "orgasmic" to describe everything from a good meal to a good movie (myself included), I thought it was ok to use the word to talk about an experience that I think many of us are lacking today: fulfillment. I'm talking about  things that make us feel “orgasmic” other than sex. Let's just think about this for a minute. Hobbies. People don’t really have them any more. Generations past would find something they loved and enjoyed to wine down or free themselves from the realities of their day to day business. People would knit, play instruments, scrapbook, fix cars, sew, build airplanes etc…I guess my point here is that these were things that forced past generations to use their own creativity. These outlets provided them with something they could take pride in, hold dear, and establish a sense of self worth, and an overall feeling of fulfillment. Not to say that people do not still do these things, but majority of people today do not have "hobbies." We have fallen completely under the control of machines, video games, cell phone games, TV shows, movies, etc. Now of course there is nothing wrong with any of these things. After, all somebody created all of them. And, I'm not saying that we should take up the hobbies of the past. There are so many creative ways to use the technology available today. However, there is something special about taking the time to establish your own gifts and talents. The bible says God gave us ALL gifts. My hope is that we don’t go our entire lives without discovering them. Well, I guess that’s all. I hope that I do not offend anyone. My wish for everyone that reads this post is that you will find that thing, other than sex, that makes your hairs raise, forces your blood  to rush, and toes to curl, at the mere thought of it. May you have the most perfect release :) After all isn't that what an orgasm is anyway?


Peace and Light,


Cee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment