Thursday, May 18, 2017

Discovering Your Purpose


Peace Family,

I’m writing to you today to talk a bit about purpose. There is a lot being said about purpose through social media, religious teachings, and in some of our workplaces. I'm sure we all know what purpose is so I will spare you by not posting some long definition here šŸ˜Š. We are acting on purpose when we get up and start getting dressed in the morning, stop by the grocery store, or walk in the gym. We have something to gain from doing each of these things. 

I started thinking about my purpose this morning or, what I believe is my purpose, and if I’m really walking in and living it. I’ve always wanted to be a writer and educator largely because I’ve always loved to read. I’ve read full collections of books from various authors over the years. I’ve worked for the newspaper at every school that I’ve ever attended. I've written essays, syllabi, and published in books alongside classmates and friends. However, and this is a big HOWEVER, as I’ve grown older and gotten to know myself better, I find that my interests lean more toward health and nutrition...

Of course I can combine my passion for writing with nutrition, but I’m beginning to wonder if I would be happier with a career based solely in the health/nutrition/fitness field. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not abandoning all the work I’ve put into my writing/teaching career thus far. I haven’t even made a dent in the student loan yet lol! But, in my prayer time, I’ve been asking for clarity and peace as to what the most high would like me to do. The path to discovering ones purpose is different for us all, but I made a decision a good while ago that if God doesn’t want me to do something, then I don’t want any part of it. So, I’m leaning on and trusting in the lord to give me direction and clarity on this as with everything else in my life. I know from experience that he will give me the clarity and peace that I need to take the next step on the path he has for me. I pray the same peace and clarity for you all on your individual paths as well. I'll be sure to keep you all posted as I work to uncover God's purpose for me. 

Please leave a comment below and share your purpose. How did you discover your purpose and how are you using it in your everyday life? Until next time, I wish you all good health and prosperity. Feel free to share this post with family and friends.

Love and Light,


Cee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment