Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet Confectionista Chanel Davis!!!




Peace Family,


It is my pleasure to introduce to you the confectionista Miss Chanel Davis of  "NelleBelle'sConfections." She is a rising talent in the baking business and has so many tasty treats to share with us. Check out the interview below:)


HoneyCee: For those who may not know, What is Nelle Belle's Confections and how long has it been in operation?
Chanel: NelleBelle's Confections is a home-based confectionery with the aim of providing all things sweet: if you want it for dessert, you can get it from us. from cookies and brownies, to cakes and cupcakes, to ice cream and pie, we offer a wide variety of options to satisfy nearly every sweet tooth under the sun. The business has been in operation since June 2010 with big hopes of a long, successful future.
 
Honey Cee: What kinds of deserts do you make?
Chanel: Our current menu includes 20+ cupcake flavors available in three sizes and more flavors being added almost monthly. We also make classic as well as custom-order cakes for every occasion, cookies, Parisian macaroons, brownies, cake pops, and cake balls. The bakery is in the process of expanding to pies, cobblers, ice creams, candies and fudge.
 
 
 
Honey Cee: How does your daily life influence your craft?
Chanel: Being a chemist by day and a baker by night makes mixing, assembling, and creating an all-day task. People are generally excited about dessert so, if for some reason I can't find inspiration within myself, someone is always willing to give me ideas (or maybe just cravings) for the next cupcake.
 
Honey Cee: When did you start baking?
Chanel: I grew up in a household constantly filled with candy so once I was old enough to operate an oven and build such goodies for myself, I dove right in. I started making cookies in high school but they weren't exactly a success. I kept with it through college but the recipe still hadn't quite matured into anything worth bragging about. It wasn't until after college that I started making cakes and cupcakes for my friends' birthdays. It's been love ever since.
 
HoneyCee: What is your favorite thing to make?
Chanel: Cupcakes! I think it's awesome that they come in a convenient serving size.  It's as if whichever cupcake I choose was made especially for me, individually wrapped and ready to go.  I love the ability to make each one different: adding swirls, sprinkles, fillings, colors, etc. all to easily create a personal touch to each one.  And they're just so cute! I have yet to meet a cupcake I didn't think was adorable.
 
 
 
HoneyCee: How can people who are interested in your services get in touch with you?
Chanell: The adventures of NelleBelle's Confections are described in detail on our blog (www.nellebellesconfections.wordpress.com), projected in photograph on our fan page (www.facebook.com/BellesCakes), and randomly spouted in real time on twitter (www.twitter.com/BellesCakes). Orders are currently being taken via email (nellebellesconfections@gmail.com) but a full-service website is certainly on its way.
 
 
 
HoneyCeeToss Up: What is your favorite song at the moment and why?
Chanel: 'Collard Greens and Cornbread' by Fantasia - no real rhyme or reason to it, I think it's the mix of love and food that make me want to sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment