Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Different World Helped Me Face Fear!




Peace Family,

I was on the treadmill today looking for something to watch on television when I saw "A Different World" scrolling pass on the menu so of course I had to tune in. Like most 20/30 year olds "A Different World" is a part of the fabric of my childhood. Before I knew it, somewhere between Whitley's mother meeting Kim for the first time and Whitley apologizing for her mothers rude disregard of Kim's name, I realized I was running on the treadmill without looking down! Now for some of you this may seem like a small thing, but for me it is huge! I have always been afraid to run without carefully watching my step for fear that I might fall and hurt myself but instead today I did just the opposite. I reached a higher plateau without even noticing. Before I knew it, my run was up and it was time for light weight lifting. So what does all this mean? I think it can be used as a life lesson. Don't be afraid to do the things that make you happy. When we are doing what we like,  we don't feel like we're working at all! We are actually acceding our own expectations and shining our brightest light. I hope this post serves as an inspiration for someone. I know it will serve as a reminder for me:)

Peace and light,

Cee<3

No comments:

Post a Comment