Sunday, February 2, 2014

Black History Month: Iyanla Vanzant

Peace Family,

Today I want to shine a light on the beautiful, courageous, uplifting Iyanla Vanzant or as I like to refer to her, Aunti I :)




She has truly been like an Aunti to me over the years even though I have never met her lol. I had my first encounter with her books when my uncle and his then wife gave me a copy of "In the Meantime" as a gift when I was leaving for undergrad in August of 2004. I read the book without actually taking it in. But, after the whole circus of college, I began to settle into a more routine daily life and re-read the book and it struck me in a completely different way. Since then, I have read "The Spirit of a Man" which was actually written for Black men and I am currently reading her daily devotional book "Acts of Faith." If you follow me on instagram, @honeycee.BlogSpot.com, then you have seen many pages from the book. It is filled with little "tidbits" of joy, reflection, and peace. Check out some of Aunti I, mmm excuse me, Iyanla Vanzant's books and feel free to leave your comments below. Also, catch her on the OWN network doing her show "Iyanla Fix My Life." I love you all for reading. Feel free to share and I'll write you tomorrow!

Love and Light,

Cee<3

No comments:

Post a Comment