Saturday, February 1, 2014

Black History Month: Richard Wright

Peace Family,

I know it has been quite a while since I posted here but I am challenging myself to post everyday for the month of February. Why? Well, there a few reasons: It's my sister's, my boyfriend's, and my birthday month woo hoo!! Hey Aquarius :) Also, it's Black History Month and as a African-American Literature minor I was exposed to some of the best writers of my culture. So, with all that being said lol, today's post is in celebration of Mr. Richard Wright.

As a high school junior, I read his more popular novels such as "Native Son" and "Black Boy." Both books opened my eyes to the plight of Black people in the United States during mid-20th century. I encourage you, if you have never read Richard Wright or haven't visited any of his literature in a while, to lose yourself in one of his novels or short stories. His writing is so vivid I guarantee you will find it hard to put down. Blessings to you all! Have a great day and I'll write you tomorrow :)

Love and Light,

Cee<3

No comments:

Post a Comment