Monday, November 15, 2010

Motivation Monday

Peace Family,


The motivational passage that I have chosen to share here with you all today is from my "Quotes and Affirmations" page here on HoneyCee.blogspot.com.


"Greater is the Spirit that is within me than any challenge that is in the world"(Susan L. Taylor)

I chose this passage because it really speaks to our own spiritual power. Many times I get so wrapped up in how the world around me is operating and my limitations within those bounds that I forget or neglect my own spiritual power. I am sure some you may be able to relate.


Maybe that nine to five consumes you so much that it is all you can think of on and off the clock. Perhaps you have children, daycare, PTA  and an entire list of other meetings and functions consuming your thoughts and blocking your inner voice and power.


Well, today I want to encourage you, and myself, to take some time just for you. Whether it be an hour in the evening after everyone is laid to rest or in the morning before your hustle and bustle begins to tap into your inner spirit. Now, I know this is easier said than done so I compiled a list of things that may help with this process.


Journaling-sometimes just writing things down like our feelings, aspirations, worries, or celebrations help us to get a better understanding of our spiritual power. We are of much better help to our friends and family when we have nurtured ourselves.


Meditating- I know this can be difficult in the beginning. Trying to quite our minds with a million and one things going on around us that need to be done can be difficult. Start off with some relaxing music, (preferably without words) let some light into the room, allow yourself to sort through all your thoughts, and then JUST RELAX!:)


Hobby- We all have something that we enjoy doing or wish we could find the time to do. Take that hour a day I mentioned and devote it to learning something new or nurturing a gift you already have. You will find power and confidence in the things you do well.


I hope this post has brought some light to you all today. I just started a new job so my time is very strained but I am making an effort to get back on track with my posting this week. Until next time, I wish you all peace and light. Cee ya in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment