Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Isn't She Lovely?!


I absolutely adore her! I got her this past weekend at a Pan African day of solidarity event. She was a gift from my big head :) It was funny because out of everything I saw amongst vendors, she was the one thing that stood out to me. I am not a wasteful person so I pondered the idea of purchasing her for the longest time even pointing her out to a few people I was with including my big head lol I decided to leave her be for awhile and just enjoy the performers at the event. When I looked around I couldn't find my big head so I went looking for him. I found him at the stand where she was. I saw him standing there conversing with the lady selling the prints. He handed her to me and said "I got this for you." Needless to say I swooned lol It wasn't so much the fact that I was getting something as it was something I REALLY wanted. She reminds me somewhat of myself or should I say who I'm striving to be. Calm, reserved, introspective. She is just so powerful in a very subtle away. I love the message that is conveyed in her position. To me, she represents poise, grace, strength, and beauty. She is currently hanging on my wall as a daily reminder of the self assurance and tranquility I strive daily to cultivate in my life. She is my everyday double dose of happy because every time I look at her I am reminded of my aspirations and my big head and that makes me smile. Ok enough of the mushies lol For more like her visit culturebeautiful.com. Cee ya in the next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment