Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mission: Winter Purse

So I'm on a quest to find the most suitable winter bag. After much internet shopping, I discovered that there are many I like but all of them lack at least one desirable trait. (Yes, a bag must have character lol) This search for my winter bag began in my very own closet. I wanted to make sure that I didn't already have what I was looking for. The frugal in me I guess. Needless to say, that didn't work. The bags were all nice but none of them fit the bill so I started thinking, what is it that I really want in a an every day bag? Here is what I came up with:

  • It HAS to be big and cute
  • It needs to have an inside pocket that stretches the width of the bag and zips up to conceal my personal items and provide easy access to my lip glosses etc without the tedious digging lol
  • I'd like the straps or handles to be leather.
  • I'm short, about 5'2 so I don't want the bag to hang extra long. The straps need to be a suitable length.


I know some of you all are tripping like all that in a bag? Danggg! But, this would be my everyday bag so I really want it to suit me. I have decided to make it myslef yea!!!! I'm so excited the picture above is my pitiful attempt at drawing the bag. The illustration really doesn't do the vision justice :( Leather straps and a leather flap that clasps over the bag with a denim base. My eyes are watering just thinking about it lol. As you can tell I haven't decided on the strap design yet. I made purses, skirts, and belts in high school so I thought hey maybe I can make my own bag? We shall see. I'll be keeping you all posted. If you have any tips and tricks that would help me out please comment below. Cee ya in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment